Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to ALL Mothers


On every other Mother’s Day I have focused on Queen Mom and all that she is, all that she has done, all the love that she gives and her absolutely selfless and generous heart. Mother’s Day for me has always been filled with thoughts of gratitude, appreciation and love for her.

But this Mother’s Day, for me is quite different. It’s the first Mother’s Day that I had anticipated celebrating as an expectant mom. 

Unfortunately, things didn’t turn out that way. A few weeks ago, we lost our beloved first child.

Of course we were devastated, especially considering all that we have been through over the past 12 years. But we are hopeful and we know that it is God's will for us to have children. We will keep trying you’ll be able to celebrate with us soon.

The roller-coaster of emotions that became my life was quite challenging.  But the lessons that came out of it were well worth sharing. So, I decided to document parts of our journey in hopes that it would provide insight, wisdom and revelation to the rest of you.

Here are a few articles I wrote that will shed a little light on what we went through during this time.

In this article, I share the blessing of how God healed my body of a 12 year illness and delivered me from the bondage of medication right before we conceived. It’s quite an amazing testimony.

When we learned that we could lose our child, I began to research miscarriages and discovered some shocking information about miscarriage diagnoses that EVERY woman should be made aware of.  I published this article at BLOGMagazine.org.

This is the announcement of our loss.

After we lost the baby, we shared the news with close friends and family. However, the responses from some of them was even more disturbing than the news that we shared.

I learned 2 very important things from this. The first is that most people really don’t know what to say to someone going through a miscarriage. Oftentimes, those albeit well intended comments tend to create even deeper wounds for the grieving family to have to heal from.

The second thing I learned is that some women who have endured one or more miscarriages themselves still have yet to fully heal from their own loss(es).

So, I compiled a list of those things and more. I explained what you should say, what brought me comfort and what made me smile through the darkest days.

While this is probably not the Happy Mother’s Day message that you are used to receiving during this time of year, it's the one I felt led to share.

I thought it would be appropriate to remind all mothers who’ve lost their beloved babies – that while their children were lost…they are not forgotten!  They are blessed, loved and we will see them all again! (Deuteronomy 1:39)                                     

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to leave a comments and share your thoughts. Also, be sure to complete today's Poll and share this Blog with your FaceBook and Twitter Friends.

Thanks for Sharing The Love! Queenie!