Saturday, March 24, 2012

We're Having A Baby!

Yes, It's TRUE! And THIS IS BIG! 

Look At What God Did!!!

After almost 20 years together, we are reveling in the blessing of Our Very First Child. YEAH!!!


Honestly, for years I was concerned that I would never know the joy of motherhood. You see, back in 2000 I started to experience symptoms of an excruciatingly painful and debilitating illness that lasted throughout my 30s entirely.

My decade of darkness included a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, depression, anxiety, 5 herniated discs, spinal nerve damage, extremely high blood pressure and panic attacks among many other symptoms. Oh did I mention the complete financial ruin? To top it off, my team of doctor's agreed on a prognosis of lifelong widespread chronic pain.

It used to hurt simply to receive a hug. At times, I couldn't even take a flight of stairs or even hold my purse. It was horrible. My team of doctors also concurred that STRESS was the cause of it all. Imagine that! Because of this we were diligently preventing the possibility of pregnancy.

At one point, my doctors were prescribing 120 pain pills to me each month. I couldn't even keep up with the Rx. I got so tired of being in that dark place that I just stopped taking them. I preferred the pain of the illness to the darkness of the meds. And it was only by the grace of God that I didn't develop a dependency. Boy do I Praise God for that!

Throughout it all, I had been prayed for multiple times by many of our house ministers including Pastor Dollar himself. I believed God would heal me, but I have to be honest; when you are in the throws of pain that never ends, your faith is challenged on a whole new level. While I believed I would not have pain always, I couldn't even imagine how my body could sustain a pregnancy. But God knew and with Him ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!

Coincidentally, the year 2000 was the same year that I had my very first spiritual experience where God outlined my life's assignment. I call it my Silent Weekend. After that, I knew that the call on my life had the potential to make an undeniable mark on the world. And clearly, all of hell had come against me in an effort to prevent me from stepping into that call.

Here's the beautiful part. Last year in November, I submitted my finalized manuscript to my publisher. I had begun writing it on that Silent Weekend in 2000. It took 11 years to the day to finish it (11th anniversary) and it was the 11th month in 2011. I had officially stepped into the call on my life - I had finally published my first book!

That was also the same month that God prompted me to not refill my anti-anxiety, anti-depressant and muscle relaxer medicine prescriptions. Those were the same meds that I had been taking since 2000. I did it responsibly, by weaning myself off...by His leading. I wasn't sure why He was leading me to do it. Actually, I was a bit concerned because I thought having my book out in the world could produce a little added anxiety and I wasn't sure how I would react to it since I had been on the medications so long. But I was obedient.

Then in December, He prompted me to not refill the medication that I was taking for Fibromyalgia.  I obeyed.

I also had a conversation with Charles in December and we decided to stop 'preventing' pregnancy. We agreed that if it was supposed to be, we would get out of God's way. It was a big decision considering all that we had been through over the last decade...but I'm 41 and it's now or never.

AND SUDDENLY!!!
In January, I felt led to begin checking my blood pressure more frequently and I realized that it was a little too low. So, I stopped taking one of the two BP meds that I had been taking. I continued to check it and it was still too low. I stopped taking the second BP med as well and to this day, my BP has remained absolutely normal.

Today, I am so very excited and grateful to say that I am taking NO medications. I am free from the pain of Fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression! PRAISE GOD!!! I even wore heels all night at a celebration for my pastor in February. It was the first time I had worn heels all night in almost 10 years! YES!!!

I can honestly say that God healed my body! Perhaps it was to prepare me/us for a Super-Natural Pregnancy? It certainly looks that way!

Needless to say, we had a 'VERY Good Valentine's Day'! :-) We are now very happily pregnant, expecting our first miracle and loving every moment of it. We are honored to have been chosen as the parents of this blessing.

So far, we're very very early in our pregnancy. We don't believe in waiting to share our news...for "fear" of 'whatever'. But we are believing by faith that God's word works and we will see the end of our faith. In November, we will all meet a brand new "Baby G"! And we wanted you to celebrate with us.

We expect nothing but the blessings of God and we will share this experience with anyone who is interested in watching the glory of God being made manifest!

After all of these years, the fear of never knowing this joy and the uncertainty of my own body's ability to even endure this process, I am more confident and more encouraged now than ever before. We have submitted to the grace and the love of God. And I am honored to allow God to do what He does best through me.

So the only thing I have left to say is, Lord, be it unto me/us...according to your will!

Until my next post I will continue to overflow with Joy,
Queenie

P.S.
We are believing for a boy. We hope you will stand in agreement with us.

P.P.S.
Perhaps I can get Charles to add a post about the pregnancy from time to time. We'll see. HA!

5 comments:

  1. This pregnancy is a blessing. I look forward to seeing our nephew... we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Sis. Queenie! Reading your blog helps me to know you, and have a greater joy about your blessings because I know some of the battles you fought to get here. I love you and I am excited about your new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tchalla, The battle is not over! But we've already won! Love you too and we can't wait for you to meet our little G. :)
      Q!

      Delete
  3. After having one miscarriage and 3 years of trying, we were blessed to have our Miss Aubrey, so I understand your joy. Happy for ya and I agree with you on that boy. Peace and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to leave a comments and share your thoughts. Also, be sure to complete today's Poll and share this Blog with your FaceBook and Twitter Friends.

Thanks for Sharing The Love! Queenie!