Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Then It Happened...I Thought I Lost My Mind


I had been having panic attacks, and muscle spasms so bad that I would end up in the emergency room at least once every month. The doctors all concluded that stress was the cause of ALL of the symptoms that I was experiencing. (More about this another time)

My team of doctors had no clue what was wrong. 

There’s nothing like being in constant pain and not knowing why or how to make it stop. It got so bad that I started seeing a therapist. That was actually the best thing I could have done for myself at the time.
I highly recommend it if you haven’t done that for yourself.

After almost 2 years of working with a therapist/counselor, it happened.  It was late summer of 2000. I had just been placed on disability because the spasms and pain in my neck had gotten so bad that I couldn’t turn my head to drive.

I remember, I was in our bedroom and my hubby, Charles was in the shower. No-one else was in the house when I heard a still very faint voice say, “Kellye, can you hear me?” I looked around like someone was standing behind me or beside me. There was no-one there.

I thought to myself, “Hmm the TV is not on, Charles is in the shower, but I know I heard something.”

Then I heard it again, “I know you can hear me. Kellye, can you hear me?” 

In that instant, I fell onto the bed, laughing hysterically; because I knew that it was finally OFFICIAL! ~ I had lost my mind!

I couldn’t stop laughing. “OK, now I am hearing things…oh this is just great”, I said out loud.

At my next therapist visit, I remember telling my counselor, quite matter-of-factly, “Someone is talking to me, maybe it’s my spirit or something, but I know I can hear it.”  She looked at me, trying not to be alarmed, but I knew just what she was thinking, ”This girl has flipped her lid, and there was no going back”.

I had not reconciled the fact that the voice was God’s voice until My Silent Weekend, later in the year at Thanksgiving, 2000. 

So, have you lost your mind lately? Or is it just me? What was the first thing God ever said to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to leave a comments and share your thoughts. Also, be sure to complete today's Poll and share this Blog with your FaceBook and Twitter Friends.

Thanks for Sharing The Love! Queenie!